Navigation through the Instagram minefield is now a dangerous task with more traps and mine bombs that a warzone. One wrong step and you will be eviscerated by the Instagram algorithms. Cease the tension because here is the solution to guide you through the Insta Maze.
Understand these guidelines and be an Insta guru and enhance your Instagram life.
If you’ve just created a new Instagram account,
1. DO NOT start Liking or Commenting on other people’s photos straight away. This is what fake accounts usually do. Instead, DO start with posting your own photos, at least 10 of them, but not at the same hour, do it 2 a day. After one week past, you can start with your liking or commenting.
2. DO complete your Instagram profile, including uploading your profile photo and write a short bio. Do not expose yourself to Instagram hunt and destroy Sentinel bot.
3. DO NOT stop posting photos! Again, this is a typical thing that spammers do. DO post more and post regularly. Twice a week is enough if you can’t do a daily post.
4. DO NOT Like excessively! This will surely get you banned. The limit is 350 per hour, but I suggest not to max your quota.
5. DO NOT Follow people in mass! This is a spammy and bot-like activity. The limit is 20 per hour. And remember that you can only follow as many as 7500 people, no more. So, choose who you follow wisely.
6. DO NOT post multiple duplicate comments – including emoji. As soon as Instagram detect you doing this it will put you straight away in ‘detention’! You won’t be able to comment anymore for as long as you are in this proverbial doghouse. Nobody knows for how long really.
Action block from Instagram is notorious in nature and can last from a few hours to a few weeks. A few more points to keep in mind to help you with Instagram usage.
1. DO NOT mention users that don’t follow you on other people’s posts, unless they mention you first! This usually happens when our photo has been selected to ‘win’ some competition/weekly challenge etc. and we have people congratulate us. Your first instinct would be to thank them, each of them. Well, try not to do this too much, and not by mentioning more than one people in one comment. \By the way, the limit to mention other users is 5 per comment. This seems to be ok if they are your followers and when you do it on your own post.
2. DO be careful when you use Like or Follow Bot services. As a matter of fact, one should refrain from using these services. However, I won’t deny that there are cases where the use of these bots have its merit. And I am not going to stop you from doing that if you understand the risk that you are taking. Instagram
and its parent company Facebook has been getting better in detecting these types of
3. DO NOT ignore the Community Guidelines! There are probably other things that can get you blocked out from Instagram that we don’t know the reason about. So I urge you to read the Instagram community guidelines and try to follow the rules written in there.
4. Now all of this feels like as if we are living in a dictatorship country, and a little bit of sledgehammer solution, but this seems to be what Instagram had decided to do to try to curb the spammers, fake accounts and bots.
It’s better to be safe than sorry, because once you get blocked no idea as to when or how long will it take to get access back to your account if you even can!